Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sugar... my favorite thing!

I got the opportunity to "assist" on a tour to the old sugar plantation, Playa Grande.  All I had to do was give people a helping hand while climbing some rocks, and I got to see an incredibly beautiful place.   


I need to include that the day started with the most delicious vegan banana pancakes. 





Tour guide, Anthony. 


Old plantation building.



If you look closely, you can see a carving in the wall.  To me, it looks like a sketch of a girl. 


There is not a whole lot of information on this archaeological site.  It's kinda cool how it remains a mystery.




Old train to transport the sugar.


I think trees have feelings, thoughts, emotions...  I think if I were a tree, I would look like this one.  I'm not sure where I want to go, how I want to get there, or if I want to stay in one place.  This tree had no vines holding it  back and doesn't seem to care if it's going a different direction that all the rest.  I'm inspired by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment